Friday, July 11, 2014

The Start of the Paleo Diet

Over the last six months I have realized I need to do something about me being overweight and unhealthy. Like most parents I want my children to be healthier than I am and I never want them to be over weight. So I have searched for a new lifestyle change that I could include them in. I didn't want to just diet because then I would just be dieting all my life and lets face it I love food its how I became over weight. I wont lie I still will go out to eat some and I'm not going to be perfect and that's ok. I love johnnys pizza and I love chile verde those things will never change however I will need to give them up for a while.
I have decided to go paleo because for one I am a hunter. I love deer meat call me what you want but that is the way God intended things (Genesis 9:3). I love the idea of natural things. So eating meat, fruits, vegetables, with spices makes total since to me. I do believe that God intended for us to eat bread and that we should have milk but I also believe that todays food industry has severely messed that up. so later on after I start my diet I will add back some homemade bread and consider my dairy very carefully.
I have sat down for the last two days and gone through a lot of my ebooks that I've gotten and wrote out some of the recipes I think my family would enjoy. I have ordered a book called "Everyday Paleo" by Sarah Fragoso. It also has some exercise routines in to also which makes me happy. I'm excited to try this new way of life. I'm taking my daughter and son along with my nephew and mother to the store to go buy all the things we need for the next week of paleo. This should be interesting.
I have always been over weight and I've always been a picky eater and my see my daughter has turned into a picky eater and I'm trying to avoid that with my son. he at least tries everything. Now he wont eat eggs to save his life, and that how I found out I was pregnant again. I looked at the eggs my husband had wonderfully cooked for me and started gagging. I knew!
I'm excited to share my journey to my new life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment