Tonight I cooked a paleo dinner which my husband loved. I have kinda slacked off in the last week with my diet but I have every intention to continue it. I cook what I would call paleo spaghetti the only thing missing you guessed it the noodles. I even drank water with my food. I was really surprised at how well my extremely picky daughter ate all her supper. She hate hamburger meat she doesn't eat hamburgers or anything resembling hamburger meat. She loves to help me cook she just doesn't eat what she helps cook. But tonight she did she didn't like the tomatoes that were in the sauce part of the spaghetti but she the her corn and at least she did try a tomato. I even got my husband to eat one tomato. It was nice knowing that after I spent sometime in the kitchen that everyone sat down at the table together and ate.
You may be wondering how we get our daughter to eat. First of all, all the credit goes to my husband because when he's not around I do have to fight with her. However what he does is if she starts whining or complaining or just plain ole throwing a fit he will take her to her bed and lay her down and tell her when she is ready to eat she may come to the table and eat. She has had to go to early bed because she refused to eat. However that has only happened once. We have tried many rules for instance having to eat their food no matter( example if RaeLynn didn't eat her supper she had to eat it for breakfast while everyone else eats something else) this seem to work a little but it still to her a long time to finish her breakfast. So now I'm trying an your have to try it approach. I will not fix them anything else for supper and if they choose not to eat it they will go to bed hungry. They are allowed to have water.
Recently I've had to figure out how to try to get RaeLynn to eat without a huge fight however I have failed miserable that is one of the big reason I'm excited he's back. I'm not an expert I will say I'm doing my best to be consistent. I know that consistent is the key to everything when it comes to a child. I want her to try it at the very least and I would like her to eat better.
The reason behind all of this is because I myself am over weight and have been most to all of my life. I can remember being in gymnastics and I can remember being a cheerleader however gymnastic was by far my favorite. I'm not athletic. I have horrible rhythm and really feel sorry for my friend that was great at basketball and I was the only other child around to play with and I couldn't play basketball or even horse to SAFE MY LIFE. Many time I came home with a black eye from trying to play softball. It not that I'm not a team player it's just I have no player in me. I want my children to be healthy I was the picky eater my daughter had become. As I've gotten older I have opened my doors to eat better even if it means eating things I don't care for. I need to be healthier if I was to life to be old.
My spaghetti recipe is
I got a pound of hamburger meat and made meat balls about 6. I put them in a skillet and browned the outside on each side. In a (what I call a deep pan skillet) I put 1 stalk of chopped celery, minced garlic, about two stalks green onion, about a teaspoon oregano and a dash of parsley, salt and pepper. I had a can of tomato sauce and another can of garlic and onion tomatoes. I added all that together and warmed it up as my meat was browning. Them I put the meat balls in the sauce covered and let simmer for 15 min. Then I uncovered I cut all the meat ball in half to see how much longer I should probably cook them and covered and cooked another 5-10 minutes until done. (I added some shredded cheddar cheese on too and let it melt). And then served to a very hungry bunch:)
No comments:
Post a Comment