Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sewing Projects

I have recently been hard at work on many sewing projects. I have taken two of my husbands tee shirts and made one really long tee shirts since he has such a problem finding long tee shirts. I have patched up a pair of his cargo shorts and still have to replace the zipper on another pair. I have never replaced the zipper so it has to wait on my mentor (My Mother) for help on that one.
The other projects were my daughters I took an old tube top I never wear since my conviction on modesty and converted it into a long skirt for her. I also had a skirt that was way too big but was on sale for 1.00 that I have fixed. I have to say making skirts for her is one of the easiest projects and may take one full hour to completely sew together. I have plans on making her and Anna our soon to be new addition matching peasant dresses. However I don't have a pattern so I'm using on old dress that RaeLynn my oldest has just about out grown for my basic idea. I also have to get her a swimming suit ready since its getting about that time of year. I also have to make one for myself which should be interesting. My plan is to go to the sporting store and find some speedo type long shorts and sew a skirt on it fro my old bathing suit which has started coming apart at the top and buy a swimming tee for her. Our son is easy he has handy me down swimming trucks and he can go in a regular shirt but I still plan on buying him a swimming shirt. Mine is the hard one since this summer I am pregnant and I don't want to spend 50- 100$ on a bathing suit while I'm pregnant. so ill have to figure something out.
For my sewing project I have taken a pair of scrub pants and made them into a light wait skirt!!! Most of my skirts are maxi type skirts which I LOVE however they do not have pockets and I don't really carry a purse. My son is into backpacks so he carries a backpack with his stuff and I just put my wallet in it and carry my phone or something. I do have a small quilted saddle purse I carry around sometimes. So came the idea of a light weight stretchy (for my ever growing belly) pocketed skirt! I love scrubs anyway and I use to have some before that I wore all the time.
I want to start making most of my daughters cloths and only buy a couple of things here and there. However since I'm not the best sewer I am doing lots of projects to get knowledge and skills of sewing. My mother has agreed to give me her sewing machine at any point I want to take it I just don't have the cabinet clean off and useable or the space to put it where I can use it weekly. Plus I get to use all of her scraps and multi colors of thread if I do it at her house. LOL!
So soon to come will be pictures of the many projects I have completed! hope this inspires some young mom to do more sewing or just learn how. It takes time but it sure is fun the little things that you learn and watching you children in something you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment