Friday, August 8, 2014

Having to eat green beans

As I was preparing lunch I was also preparing for a big fight. I had fixed green beans as our veggie at lunch. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was going to be a huge fight to make RaeLynn try these green bean. We also had chicken and pears with lunch I knew once she tried the pears she would like them and she gotten where if I tell her it's chicken she will eat it (I don't have to tell her it like chicken nuggets anymore). We sit down and pray. 
I start holding my breath I know it's coming... She starts whining "green beans are not my favorite" "my tummy don't like them" my husband says " RaeLynn try them that is all we ask. But if you won't to whine you can go to bed til your ready to eat." She's immediately says " no I don't want to go to bed" "then try them" I put a pear in her fork and put it in her mouth."yum" as she whiles her tears away. Now it's time for the green beans. She chews up her pear and opens her mouth slowly dreading the bite of green beans. She starts chewing then acts like she gonna throw up (both me and my husband tell her no in unison) she stops and chews it up and says " that was good" self say "WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY" I told self " oh yes she did" and I watch my almost four year old eat two more bits of green beans by herself!!! 
I'm was so proud of her she then portioned out her meal where she ate a little chicken a some pears and then says I'm full. I was so impressed. Now me I don't like green beans much less know how to fix good green beans. I ate mine my way ( on my plate I eat from my least favorite to my favorite). I was so proud of my family we are slowly starting to eat better and I couldn't be happier. 
My conclusion stick to eating better. Make the family at least try it. As the parent set the example eat all or as much of your that you can and every time say "yum that is so good". It will start to work and eventually you will see your child eat more nd more of tht food you use to have to fight to make them eat. 

Just as a side note. One rule we have now established is try it. Rule two is if you want more of anything you have to eat everything on the first plate. And the last rule we set up is if they won't eat any of it it gets saved for later and when everyone lose gets one thing else you still have to eat what was left. ( this works relly well for supper and breakfast) my kids love eggs and can't stand to not eat eggs with everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment